With appropriate system setup, the addition of a subwoofer allows your smaller main speakers to be free of the burden of reproducing low frequencies. This allows your whole system to play louder and to sound cleaner at all listening levels. Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, the MX-Series infinite-baffle subwoofers are designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure and are targeted towards moderate power applications.
The MX10IB3 is best used with amplifier power in the 50W - 175W range and is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 56.6 l). If you need a subwoofer driver that operates in a small sealed enclosure, select our M10W5, instead. Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this driver is built to withstand a real saltwater marine environment and deliver years of listening enjoyment.
Matching Amplifiers: JL Audio MHX300/1 - Ultra-compact Class D Marine Monoblock Amplifier
JL Audio M500/3 - Class D Marine 3-Channel Amplifier
JL Audio M700/5 - Class D Marine 5-Channel Amplifier
- 10" MX Series Infinite Baffle Marine Subwoofer
- Power Handling:
- RMS: 175 watts
- Efficiency: 87.23 dB
- Xmax: 11 mm
- Mounting Depth: 5.12"
- Cutout Diameter: 8.875 "
- Minimum Sealed Enclosure Volume: 2.0 cu ft / 56.6 L (or larger)
- Optimum Sealed Enclosure Volume: 2.5 cu ft / 70.8 L
- Infinite Baffle Use: Yes
- Color: White
- Impedance: 4 ohm
- Recommended power range: 50 - 175 watts RMS
- Injection-Molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies
- Synthetic rubber surround specifically formulated with UV inhibitors
- Marine grade progressive roll synthetic fiber spider
- Gold-Plated marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Proprietary Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA) technology
- Long linear excursion for enhanced output and reduced distortion
- Vented motor design with marine-grade, stainless steel rear diffuser plate
- Specifically engineered Centrex polymer baskets are corrosion & UV-resistant
- Stainless steel mounting hardware included
- 10" 4-ohm marine subwoofer
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene woofer with synthetic rubber surround
- Centrex polymer basket and white "Sport" grille, with stainless steel back plate
- gold-plated, marine-grade brass binding posts
- marine-grade synthetic fiber spider
- works in sealed boxes and free air applications
- power range: 50-175 watts RMS (350 watts peak power)
- sensitivity: 87.2 dB
- top-mount depth: 5-1/8"
- Subwoofers are usually sold as a single unit unless otherwise noted.
- UPC: 699440919340
- Weight: 9
- Sku: 91934
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 2 Years Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.