Infinity Kappa 12" High-Performance Car Audio Subwoofers
SSI™ (Selectable Smart Impedance)
Most car audio system designs call for 2- or 4-ohm impedance. Kappa Series subwoofers put thechoice in your hands. A proprietary HARMAN technology, SSI lets you reconfigure your system bysimply flipping a switch.
Acoustically damped glass-fiber cone
Kappa subwoofer cones incorporate glass-fibers for exceptional accuracy and detail. Inherently nonresonant,the glass-fiber cones eliminates distortion so your music—and nothing but your music—comes through loud and clear.
- Diameter : 12 Inch
- Sensitivity : 91 dB
- Impedance : 2/4 Ohm
- Frequency Response : 25-175 Hz
- Peak Power Handling : 2000 Watts
- Top Mount Depth : 7-1/16 Inches
- Shallow Mount : No
- Number of Voice Coils : Single
- Suggested Sealed Box Volume : 0.9 Cubic ft.
- Suggested Ported Box Volume : 2.5 Cubic ft.
- RMS Power Handling : 500 Watts
- Free Air : Yes
- 12" Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI™) Kappa Series Subwoofer - Choose between 2 or 4 ohm impedance at the flip of a switch
- Peak: 2000 watts
- RMS: 500 watts
- Recommended power range: 250 - 500W RMS
- Proprietary aero-cooling design keeps the voice coil cool
- Acoustically damped glass-fiber cone
- Premium screw down terminals - Accommodates up to 8 gauge wire
- Aero-cooled voice coil - Two-sided, ducted airflow design / Increases power handling and improves reliability
- Voice Coil Diameter: 2"
- Top-mount depth: 7-5/8"
- Cutout diameter: 11-5/16"
- Frequency Response: 25 - 175 Hz
- Sensitivity: 91 dB
- Resonance Frequency (Fs): 26.5 Hz
- UPC: 050667371333
- Weight: 33.9
- Authorized Internet Dealer
Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warrantied if the defect is due to physical damage.
Do you own this product?
Write a review!
I am a car stereo junkie, in 1990 I got my first job as a installer at a shop in Santa Clarita, CA. I have since grown my knowledge and personal collection. I am a huge Infinity guy, from the time I bought my first two sets of 6.5" kappa perfect components to the amps and subs. I bought my first kappa sub last year, I went with the kappa 12" 500w RMS 2000w max. I already had 2 10" eclipse subs running off of Eclipse EA1000, when I added the 12" Kappa sub and ran it off another Eclipse EA1000. I couldn't believe how the Kappa complimented the overall sound quality. It sounded so clean and crisp. I love the whole Kappa line and I am currently designing a new system for my Ranger. Unfortunately the Kappa sub I purchased stopped working a few months after the initial purchase. I'm not sure what happened to it, it didn't smell burnt or fried, and there was no visible physical damage to anything, I was so sad. I am planning on putting in 2 -Kappa 12" and 2- Kappa 10" subs in the extra cab with 2 sets of Kappa Perfect components and a 4" set of Kappa in the dash. I am trying to find another Kappa 255a to run the mids and highs and I would love to get 2- Kappa 202a's to run my 12" and 10" subs. I also previously owned a Kappa 255a and loved the quality that it consistently put out. So by the end of the year I should have my system back up and running. I Love the whole Infinity line and I will continue to be a loyal customer for years to come. Thank You keep up the Magnificent work......Ciao