Infinity Primus 5.25" 2-way Component System
Patented Plus One™ Polypropylene Woofers
Polypropylene cones with up to 35% more radiating cone area than other cones in the same class provide higher sensitivity, increased low frequency output and better tonal balance. Hi-roll rubber surrounds using automotive grade materials result in cleaner reproduction and higher durability whether it's easy listening or time to show and shine.
Edge-driven tweeters deliver wider dispersion and smoother high frequency response with increased power handling for high- and mid-frequencies.
True 4 Ohm Architecture
True 4 ohm architecture with low impedance voice coils give the amplifier room to deliver peak power providing stronger and clearer sound with better depth and detail.
Harman Standard Reliability Testing
Infinity speakers have to undergo a testing process that would destroy lesser speakers. Infinity freezes them, bakes them, shakes them, blasts them with ultraviolet light and drives them at full power for days at a time.
Voicing of Speakers
Speakers are individually voiced to assure high quality audio versus “off-the-shelf” manufactured sound. This means that specifications as well as speaker characteristics are considered when tuning the Infinity sound.
Infinity at an Affordable Price
This is Infinity—one of the most innovative and legendary companies in audio. Infinity is one of the top-selling car speaker brands in the world—obviously, this is no coincidence.
- Diameter : 5.25 Inch
- Sensitivity : 88 dB
- Frequency Response : 67-20000 Hz
- Peak Power Handling : 165 Watts
- Shallow Mount : No
- RMS Power Handling : 55 Watts
- Plus One Woofer Cones: The Plus One speaker cones offer more surface area than other speakers that fit in the same size opening. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The result is greater bass output and an increase in efficiency.
- Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Mounting System: The tweeters can be surface or flush mounted:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount housing and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the tweeter is installed in the flush-mount adapter, then into the flush mount housing and inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the grilles:
- Bottom Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Surface Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the top of the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount: There are two sets of tabs to flush mount the tweeter in the Starfish bracket, yielding different mounting dimensions. The upper tabs mount the tweeter completely below the opening and are glued in place. The lower mounting tabs are screwed in place and result in a mounting height just over 1/3 inch. Once the bracket is mounted, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Crossovers: The crossovers' inputs and outputs are screw terminals; they will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.315" wide. There are two mounting holes in each crossover.
- Impedance: The Primus Series speakers feature 2.7? voice coils to compensate for the high in-line resistance of small gauge factory wiring and extract every watt from the factory receiver, increasing overall system output and efficiency (relative to 4-ohm speakers). The speakers also benefit from increased power when you upgrade the wire and add aftermarket amplifiers capable of powering a lower impedance load.
- Power Handling: 55W RMS, 165W peak
- Speaker Size: 5 1/4
- Design: 2-way
- Tweeter Design: Edge-Driven Dome
- Impedance (Ohms): 2.7
- Tweeter Composition: Textile
- Woofer Composition: Polypropylene
- Woofer Surround: Rubber
- Parts Warranty: 1 Year
- Labor Warranty: 1 Year
- Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter): N/A
- Sensitivity at 2.83 volts: 88
- Frequency Response: 67 - 20k Hz
- Minimum RMS Wattage: ---
- Maximum RMS Wattage: 55
- Peak Power Handling (Watts): 165
- Top-mount Depth (Inches): 1 15/16
- Bottom-mount Depth (Inches): N/A
- Cutout Diameter or Length (inches): 4 7/16
- Mounting Height (Inches): 0.258
- UPC: 050667373290
- Weight: 4
- Authorized Internet Dealer
Warranty: 1 Year Onlinecarstereo.com warranty.
1 Year warranty from Onlinecarstereo.com implies that repairs must be returned to Onlinecarstereo.com, not the manufacturer. More information can be found in our help section under returns & warranties.
What's not covered : Misuse, abuse, defacement, physical damage of any kind, and improper installation / operation. Video and multimedia equipment with damaged or cracked screens.Subwoofers and speakers are not warrantied if the defect is due to physical damage.