Thanks to its ability to act as a "one-box solution", the HD900/5 is ideal for installations where space is at a premium and sound quality is the paramount goal. While extremely compact, this amazing amplifier will comfortably drive a complete high-performance car audio system: that is, four satellite speaker systems and a subwoofer system... with a very serious 900 watts of power! Using our Single Cycle Control switching design and R.I.P.S. technology, the HD900/5 delivers 100 W x 4 to its four main channels, plus a very meaty 500 W to its subwoofer channel.
Thanks to R.I.P.S., high power can be delivered over a wide range of load impedances, while the tight power supply regulation keeps distortion down, maximizing sound quality. From a pure sound quality perspective, we invite you to compare the real-world, in-car performance of this amplifier to any other amplifier on the market, of any type, at any price.
This amplifier features a brushed aluminum finish with black powder-coated cast alloy heat sinks and bottom panel. A black powder-coated, gasketed cover is also provided to protect the controls.
- JL Audio HD Series 5-Channel Class D Amplifier
- ¹Main Channels RMS Power Rating (11V-14.5V):
- 4 ohms: 100 watts x 4 chan.
- 3 ohms: 75 watts x 4 chan.
- 2 ohms: 75 watts x 4 chan.
- 1.5 ohms: 75 watts x 4 chan.
- ¹Bridged RMS Power Rating (11V-14.5V):
- Bridged, 8 ohms: 200 watts x 2 chan.
- Bridged, 6 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
- Bridged, 4 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
- Bridged, 3 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
- ¹Subwoofer Channel RMS Power Rating (11V-14.5V):
- 4 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.
- 3 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.
- 2 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.
- 1.5 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.
- R.I.P.S. - Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply
- Single Cycle Control - high-fidelity, full-range class D
- Compares the real PWM waveform and then corrects it in each and every cycle
- (over 400,000 times per second)
- 80% efficiency at 1/2 rated power for the whole amplifier, including its power supply
- 60% less current draw than a typical Class A/B car amplifier of equal power
- Less generated heat, smaller chassis than a similarly powerful Class A/B design.
- Selectable input voltage/sensitivity:
- Low level: 200mV - 2V
- High level: 800mV - 8V
- Selectable input modes: 2 Ch. / 4 Ch. / 6 Ch.
- Selectable State-variable slope: 12 dB/octave Butterworth or 24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley
- Cutoff Freq. Range: Continuously variable (All Ch): 50 - 500 Hz
- Selectable Infrasonic Filter (Sub Ch): Off / 30 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.03% @ 4Ω per main ch., <0.05% @ 4Ω sub ch. (Average at 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ration: (20 kHz bandwidth)
- Referred to Rated Power: 108 dBA
- Referred to 1 Watt: 88 dBA
- Frequency response: 12 - 28,000 Hz (+0, -1 dB)
- Damping Factor Ch. 1-4: >400 @ 4Ω/50 Hz, >200 @ 2Ω/50 Hz
- Damping Factor Sub Ch.: >800 @ 4Ω/50 Hz, >400 @ 2Ω/50 Hz
- Recommended fuse rating: 60A x 1 (inline, not included)
- Dimensions: 10.74"L x 7.85"W x 1.93"H
- Class D, switching type with patented Single-Cycle Control™ technology
- Pulse width modulation-regulated switching power supply
- LED power (green), protect (red) and low impedance (amber) indicators
- Removable Power/Ground and Speaker connectors
- Brushed aluminum finish chassis
- Compact, stackable chassis design
- Black powder-coated, gasketed cover
- RealSink™: Vertical, cast alloy fins effectively dissipate heat
- Advanced Thermal Rollback protection system
- Noise-killing, highly flexible differential-balanced inputs
- Speaker level inputs via RCA (JL Audio XD-CLRAIC2-SW required and sold separately
- ²Remote bass level input (JL Audio HD-RLC required and sold separately)
- Optional stacking equipment for HD amplifiers: JL Audio HD Stack Kit
- 4 gauge OFC power and ground wiring is required for installation. Contact us for information regarding a discount on select amplifier kits from our website when purchased together with this amplifier. Click Here for our contact information.
- 5-channel amplifer
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 (at 1.5-4 ohms)
- 75 watts RMS x 4 (at 1.5-3 ohms) + 500 watts RMS x 1 (at 1.5-4 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged (at 3-6 ohms) + 500 watts RMS x 1 at (1.5-4 ohms)
- variable high-pass filter on front and rear channels (50-500 Hz, 12 or 24dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter on subwoofer channel (50-500 Hz, 12 or 24dB/octave)
- subsonic filter on sub channel (24 dB/oct at 30 Hz)
- removable power and speaker plugs
- optional wired remote for level control
- Class D amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
- preamp outputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 60-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 10-3/4"W x 1-15/16"H x 8-5/16"D
- UPC: 699440982238
- Weight: 9
- Sku: 98223
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.
Do you own this product? Write a review
Leo From USA
| Amp is solid with many features and sounds great when its working
JASON From USA
|Fast shipping can't complain thanks!
Keith O. From Charleston South Carolina
|I absolutely love my JL HD900/5 amp. The clarity is amazing. The best part about this amp is you power your speakers and sub from one compact amp. I was able to do a very discreet & clean install because of the amps small size. The quick disconnects make the amp easy to tune and remove to work on the car. I also add the remote bass knob to the amp which allows you to adjust your bass level at the twist of a knob mounted right next to the head-unit. Tuning this amp is very straight forward thanks to its labeling and good instructions provided. I have had this in my car for around 2 years so far and have not had one problem. I am powering 10 speakers and 1 JLW6V2 off this amp. This will be my amp of choice for my future hot rod purchases because of its power and compact size. I have been a JL fan since I started getting into stereos in 2005 and continue to be because I have not had one issue with any of their products and appreciate there great customer support.