There are times when an installation calls for a separate woofer and tweeter and other times when a coaxial is the better approach. With the Evolution® C3 Convertible Component Systems, the same product can be deployed in either configuration, delivering outstanding audio power and quality in each application.
The C3-525 system features 5.25-inch (130 mm) component woofers with oversized 1.2-inch (30.5 mm) voice coils, mineral-filled polypropylene cones and injection-molded polymer baskets. The woofer design benefits from JL Audio's vast woofer design experience and advanced modeling systems.
The C3 tweeters are built with 1-inch silk dome diaphragms that deliver powerful, extended response, on and off axis. Flush-mounting and surface-mounting fixtures are included to fit a wide variety of installation needs. They can also be mounted onto the woofers in a coaxial format using the included fixtures.
C3 crossover networks are compact and built with premium component parts, including Mylar® capacitors and segmented air-core inductors. Four levels of tweeter attenuation are provided, as well as three levels of mid-range presence adjustment, for twelve possible voicing combinations!
Woofer grilles are included, each consisting of a black grille tray and a black steel mesh grille with an electroformed JL Audio logo.
- 5.25" Evolution C3 Series 2-way Convertible Car Speakers
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 450 watts per set / 225 watts per channel
- RMS: 150 watts per set / 75 watts per channel
- Woofer Dimensions:
- Top-mount depth: 2.27"
- Cutout Dimensions: 4.56"
- Tweeter Dimensions: (Flush Mount)
- Top-mount depth: 0.71"
- Cutout Dimensions: 1.875"
- Crossover Dimensions:
- Width: 3.36"
- Height: 1.44"
- Depth: 4.72"
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
- Efficiency: 90.0 dB @ 1 watt / 1 meter
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB
- Recommended Power Range: 25 - 150 watts per channel
- Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Cone
- Butyl Rubber Surround
- Injection-molded Polymer Basket
- 1.20" Voice Coil on Kapton® Former
- Low-Profile, Symmetrical Roll Spider
- Ferrite Woofer Magnet
- 1.0" Silk Soft Dome Tweeter
- Elevated Frame Cooling
- Convertible Drivers: Coaxial or Component
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA) Optimized Motor
- Ferrofluid Cooling/Damping Neodymium Tweeter Magnet
- Fixed Angle Flush-Mount, Surface-Mount and Coaxial-Mount Systems (Tweeter)
- 2-way crossover networks with 1st order low-pass and 2nd order high-pass filters
- Premium Mylar® Capacitors w/ Air-Core Inductors
- 4-Position Adjustable Tweeter Output Level
- 3-position Mid-range Presence Control
- Polyswitch tweeter protection
- Black steel mesh grille with an electroformed JL Audio logo Included
- component speaker system includes two 5-1/4" woofers, 2 tweeters, two external crossovers, and two woofer grilles
- mica-filled polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround
- glass-filled polymer frame with Elevated Frame Cooling
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover with adjustments for coaxial or separate tweeter placement, and 4-position tweeter level
- tweeter mounts for separate or coaxial installations included
- phase plug provided when tweeter mounted separately
- power range: 25-75 watts RMS
- frequency response: 48-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- depth: 2-9/16"
- UPC: 699440990202
- Weight: 5
- Sku: 99020
- Authorized Internet Dealer
*Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer warranty.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. If it is found to be defective, it may be returned to OnlineCarstereo.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.